Monday, June 13, 2011

Back home for a while

To come back home, to look after an ill parent , is a strange feeling . One part of you is anxious . You don't want to see your parent in pain . You don't want to lose the only person who has accepted you unconditionally .
Another part of you is saying - she is so capable why does she need me to look after her.
My mother is ageing irreversibly. She is being told by all to be careful , don't do this , don't do that .
But that is not how I want my mother to live her remaining life . LIVE LIVE . Why should she burrow herself in misery and loneliness.
How do I cope with all this ? How do I cope with a parent who won't acknowledge that she needs my help ?
I just want to go back home . Back , back to a time when I had only one home .

No comments:

Post a Comment